Softball Queensland is calling for expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced coaches to fill a temporary vacancy to deliver and manage the SQ Elite Athlete Program. The role involves the provision of coaching support and assistance to the Queensland Heat, Patriots and Queensland underage female and male programs as well as delivering the daily training program for the athletes in the SQI elite program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Softball Queensland Elite Program Head Coach requires the following qualifications and experiences:
Qualifications and Experiences
- NCAS High Performance accreditation or evidence of working towards High Performance accreditation
- Possess a current working with children blue card
- A minimum of 5 years coaching emerging elite or elite female athletes.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Proven success coaching emerging elite or elite female athletes particularly in a developmental or individualised program setting
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of innovative training practices to increase athlete or team performance
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and implementing an effective and successful high performance softball program
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of the FTEM athlete development pathway and individual athlete performance planning
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of education and mentoring to developing athletes and coaches.
- Personal Attributes
- Demonstrated high level skills in developing effective working relationships with elite coaches, athletes and health services staff (including oral/written, negotiation, and consultation skills)
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirement for confidentiality, impartiality and high ethics
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop relevant skills and increase knowledge of high performance coaching.
The role of Softball Queensland Elite Program Head Coach will require after hours and weekend work in addition to inter/intra state travel.
For more information, a copy of the position description and how to apply, please contact the SQI office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for expressions of interest is Monday 13 March 2017.